Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Current Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) Certification from the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch
- Basic Rescuer CPR certification
- An Emergency Response Communications Certificate from a recognized postsecondary institution, or a minimum of two (2) years experience in a major Communications Centre.
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent)
- The ability to provide timely, accurate and professional customer-orientated teamwork
- The ability to demonstrate general knowledge of street and road systems in Edmonton
- The ability to operate the computer-aided dispatch system and related interface systems in a fast-paced work environment
If you would like to be a Emergency Communications Specialist:
- Visit the city's job postings to ensure Emergency Services is currently recruiting. If Emergency Communications Specialist positions are posted, follow the posting steps to apply.