These self-guided volunteer shifts are designed for small groups of 2-9 people. Plant when it is convenient for you!
- Up to 100 native seedlings
- Up to 9 shovels and pairs of gloves
- A container to transport materials
- A pamphlet outlining safety practices and planting techniques and standards
- Other safety related materials
Materials are to be picked up from our office, where one of our staff will go through a safety talk and planting demonstration with you. Materials are to be returned within one week of your scheduled planting shift.
General Planting Quadrant Map
When booking a volunteer planting shift, select your preferred planting location by quadrant from the planting quadrant map. The specific planting location, within your preferred quadrant, will be confirmed by Root for Trees.
Did You Know?
You can register trees you plant in your yard on an interactive map of Edmonton. Enter your trees location on yegTreeMap.
To receive program updates and interesting information on trees, sign up for our newsletter, The Canopy.