The Gender-based Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention Initiative aims to reduce and ultimately end gender-based violence and sexual assault in Edmonton.
- 911 if you are in immediate danger
- 310-1818 (Family Violence Info Line) or 211 (Alberta Information and Referrals) for non-emergency assistance
Did You Know?
- Canadian statistics report 1 in 6 women you know will be sexually assaulted in her lifetime
- Every hour of every day, a woman in Alberta is a victim of some form of violence by an intimate partner
- Almost 70% of domestic violence incidents in Edmonton go unreported
- Indigenous women are more than 8 times as likely to be killed by their intimate partner and 3.5 times likely to be victims of violence compared to non-Indigenous women
- The most severe of all hate crimes are those that target the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans Queer) community