Criteria to Participate
Interested in participating? It's simple - here's what you need to know:
- Interactive or passive installations, displays, presentations, classes, and/or parklets that:
- celebrate the diversity, history, and heritage of the community, city, or region
- allow diverse groups of people to participate and connect with one another
- encourage creative conversations around public space, urban planning and design, and/or
- contribute to an ongoing dialogue about safer spaces on our streets
- Installations, displays, or parklets must not exceed the 8 by 24 feet stall. However, if you wish to use two or three parking stalls, we can try to accommodate this! Just make sure you do not go over the 8-foot width to allow cars to safely pass.
- Installations, displays, or parklets should be temporary and simple to set up and take down.
- Installations, displays, presentations, classes, or parklets should be sturdy, safe for people to walk through and around, and not interfere with traffic (nothing extending beyond the stall, nothing that can easily blow away)
Urban Renewal will cover the cost of reserving the stalls, will promote the event, and liaise with all participants. However, participants are responsible to supply all materials associated with their installation, display, presentation, class, or parklet.
We will review all submissions, based on the above considerations, by September 8.
We hope to see your creativity shine!