Arts Recommendation 1: Fund and re-invigorate the Arts Habitat Association of Edmonton (ArtsHab).
Desired Outcome: The development of an organization that will find, develop and manage a full range of space for the arts in Edmonton, including the inclusion of cultural spaces in City facilities.
- Re-build the ArtsHab board and Hire an Executive Director
- Develop a strategic business plan that:
- Captures the current cultural facilities in Edmonton
- Maintains a data base of available space
- Positions ArtsHab as the “clearing house” on all issues of space for artists to perform, rehearse and live
- Demonstrates the value of artists being integrated into space all over the city
- Collaborates with the City administration to determine where arts and cultural spaces could be integrated into City facilities
- Describes annual performance measures to ensure organizational effectiveness
Edmonton Space Finder Database Project
Edmontonspacefinder.ca is an online resource to post or find non-profit and community space.
ArtsHab Alberta Avenue- ArtsHub Housing Cooperative
ArtsHub 118 is a 16-suite artist co-op where artists live and work in a community that is highly motivated to support the arts. $2.4 million housing grant provided by the Cornerstones Program.
ArtsHab has purchased the McLuhan House in the Highlands to repurpose the residence into a centre for the arts.