What is beautification?
- Increased tourism
- Lower crime
- Increased safety
- Enhanced community pride
- Slower traffic on streets lined with trees and plants
What is community greening?
- The creation of positive relationships between city dwellers and their environments through urban forestry and public landscaping projects.
- Active participation and leadership of city residents in enhancing green spaces enhances mental, physical, and community health and builds financial, human, social and natural capital in unique ways.
How to get involved
- Care for our Urban Forest:
- Maintain existing flower and shrub beds through Partners in Parks
- Participate in the Edmonton in Bloom Council Initiative:
- Participate in Front Yards in Bloom: Winterscapes (part of the WinterCity Strategy)
- Start or join one of our many Community Gardens