Nominations are due on or before October 19, 2018 (by 4:00 PM mail / in person or 11:59 PM online). Incomplete nomination packages and/or nomination packages received after the deadline will not be accepted.
The Nominee must be:
- An Indigenous Artist - First Nations, Métis, or Inuit (Status or Non-Status)
- Current resident of Edmonton
- 18 years of age or older
- Actively producing artwork (recent examples of work, exhibitions, performances, publications, etcetera)
Examples of Art Genres (but not limited to this list):
- Fine Craft
- Media Arts
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Literary Arts
- Complete the Nomination Form.
- Complete the Brief Artist Statement. Please submit a statement that provides a brief introduction to the Nominee’s art practice. Please reflect on the Nominee’s art practice and work - How would you describe their art (genre, form, medium, themes, etc.)? Why do they make art? How long have they been making this art and how did they learn?
- Submit 2-5 Artwork Samples in either digital and/or print format to support the application. Eligible support material:
- Images, either in JPEG or PDF file formats
- Video or audio clips
- Written material, in PDF file format
- Media clippings
- Social media/website links
Please do not send originals. Nomination materials will not be returned.
Indigenous Artist-in-Residence Nomination Package