Goal 3: Edmonton is a caring, inclusive and affordable community
Edmontonians care for each other.
They want a city where all people have opportunities to achieve their aspirations.
Residents appreciate a caring community is one that extends itself to all residents including vulnerable populations. From the simplicity of smiling at a neighbour to encouraging others to get involved in community activities, Edmontonians expect their municipal government to join them in creating a caring, inclusive and affordable community.
From people services and programs that enrich the lives of families and individuals, to those that provide critical support at times of individual or collective crisis, Edmontonians value the people services that demonstrate and contribute to a caring society.
They want people services that are affordable and inclusive so that all residents feel a sense of belonging. They look to their local government to create opportunities to promote intercultural awareness and eliminate racism.
Outcomes and Measures
The performance measures for Goal 3 demonstrate the City’s progress in increasing opportunities and reducing barriers to improve the lives of Edmonton’s vulnerable populations. It also measures how Edmontonians feel about accessing and using City programs and services.
Corporate Performance Measure
- Percentage of citizens who feel that they are able to access amenities and services that will improve their quality of life.
Proportion of Edmontonians who state that City services and programs are available and accessible to them and that these services and programs have contributed to improving their quality of life.
- 3-year target - 62%
- 10-year target - 70%
- Amount that community investment is leveraged through partnership with not-for-profit organizations (Percentage of total program/project costs paid by COE)
Represents the City of Edmonton contribution to community-run projects as a percentage of the total cost.
- Disabled Adult Transit Service
The proportion of calls for service the Disabled Adult Transit.
- (DATS) Ride Accommodation Rate
Service (DATS) is able to provide.
- 3-year target - Maintain the accommodation rate above 98%
- 10-year target - Maintain the accommodation rate above 98%
- Percentage of admissions/tickets to City of Edmonton attractions, facilities and programs that are subsidized or offered at low cost.
Proportion of City subsidized tickets/admissions includes DATS, Leisure Access Program, Libraries, Art Galleries etc.
- 3-year target - 6.5%
- 10-year target - 10%
More information about the strategic goals and department performance measures can be viewed in The Way We Live Implementation Plan document.
The Way We Live Implementation Plan builds on current projects programs and services. It identifies actions the City will implement over the next 10 years to advance the goal of improving Edmonton’s livability.