City Council and the citizens of Edmonton have chartered a course for our future, captured in The Way Ahead
, the City of Edmonton’s strategic plan. This plan encompasses the vision we all have to help make Edmonton the City we want it to become.
The Way Ahead: 2015 Results will show that we are on the right path of achieving that vision.
Our progress at a glance
More than three-quarters of outcome measures are projected to be near or to meet or exceed their targets. Specifically:
- 85% are expected to meet, exceed or be near the 2018 target
- 58% are expected to meet or exceed 2018 target
- 27% are expected to be near 2018 target
- 12% are expected to be off the 2018 target
- One of the measures will not have data to report until the 2016 Municipal Census is complete
The City continues to do well in supporting our outcomes related to infrastructure and transportation. The City’s financial position and its support for the Edmonton region as a catalyst for industry and business growth continue on target, but if the energy sector continues to experience difficulty, there may be challenges for these outcomes in the future. Survey shows that Edmontonians feel connected to their community, have access to facilities that increase their quality of life and feel a sense of safety in their city.
Measures that are projected to be near target, through the City’s efforts, include well-designed Attractive City and Volunteer Rate. Others, such as Fire Rescue, Events and Community Greenhouse Gas Emissions include elements that are not entirely within the City's control, but education and intervention initiatives are helping the City move in the right direction.
Snapshot of accomplishments
Our progress in detail
Our Progress on The Way Ahead: 2015 Results gives an account of how well the City is meeting its goals in pursuit of our overall vision. Specifically, it:
- Describes each outcome measure and explains why it matters.
- Defines the 2018 targets (unless otherwise noted).
- Provides data to show progress toward the targets.
- Explains the factors that help and hinder us in meeting the targets.
The City recognizes that, as part of the performance measurement cycle, it is important to review results to assess progress, to consider targets and to identify areas that may require adjustments.