The Green Home Energy Toolkit provides tools, tests and information to help you understand your household energy use and help you identify some ways to save energy and money.
The toolkit includes:
- Kill-A-Watt Meter
- Measures the energy demand of an electrical appliance.
- Imaging IR (Infrared) Thermometer
- Measures the temperature of areas, objects and surfaces.
- Records accurate time for shower or tap flow rate test.
- Light Meter
- Measures the amount of light in a room.
- LED Light Bulb
- Use with the Kill-A-Watt Meter to see the difference in energy use compared to conventional incandescent or compact fluorescent light bulb.
- Battery Charger & Rechargeable Batteries
- Batteries for each tool and a charging station to recharge them.
The Green Home Energy Toolkit was developed in partnership with
and supported by a grant from