The Compensation and Classification section develops and implements strategies to ensure that the City of Edmonton remains competitive to the external marketplace and internal pay equity is maintained.
The section also manages the job evaluation and classification process for management and union positions; ensures fair and consistent application of pay and benefit policies, procedures, and practices for management are adhered to; and provides support for collective bargaining, re-grades and jurisdictional disputes.
- Defines job family classifications and compensation strategies
- Ensures internal pay equity
- Provides information on salaries with similar sector and sized organizations
- Coordinates the annual performance evaluation process for management
- Manages the job evaluation process for management and unionized staff
- Determines classification of new and existing positions
- Owns job descriptions
- Completes annual salary surveys
- Provides compensation-related recommendations to the City's Corporate Leadership Team.