The Corporate Safety and Disability Management section passionately strives to enhance the quality of life for City of Edmonton employees. This is achieved by proactively developing and delivering preventative and/or timely intervention strategies, programs, and services through health promotion and monitoring, supporting employees through periods of disability, and by providing expertise in occupational illness and injury prevention.
Corporate Safety and Disability Management is a diverse section providing a wide range of services. The services key to the future success of clients and the corporation are this section's core business service.
Corporate Safety and Health Services:
- Supports the development, implementation, and monitoring of a Corporate Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system.
- Assists with compliance on legislation specific to Occupational Health & Safety.
- Promotes a corporate culture that ensures employees remain safe and healthy at work.
- Supports the City of Edmonton, the Occupational Health & Safety Services team, and the Disability Management Services team by providing expert knowledge in the areas of occupational hygiene, occupational health, and ergonomics.
- Leads corporate efforts related to employee health promotion.
- Manages health surveillance programs.
Disability Management Services:
- Manages corporate programs dealing with Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Coordinates return-to-work and duty-to-accommodate issues for the corporate, including Workers' Compensation Board issues.
- Oversees external service providers that provide contracted Employee Family Assistance Service (EFAS) and Workers' Compensation Board services.