The River Valley Alliance Community Engagement Committee is a Standing Committee of the Board of Directors for the River Valley Alliance (RVA).
The RVA was initiated in 1996 and formally incorporated in 2003. Its founding shareholders include the seven municipalities holding lands in the Capital Region's North Saskatchewan River Valley — the Town of Devon, Parkland County, Leduc County, City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, Sturgeon County and the City of Fort Saskatchewan. The RVA partners share a common goal — to protect, preserve and enhance the Capital Region's river valley park system for year-round accessibility, and enjoyment of its citizens and visitors.
The Community Engagement Committee is responsible to:
- Be an ambassador to RVA communities and stakeholders, champion its plans and activities and represent the River Valley Alliance.
- To assist and support RVA involvement and participation in local or regional river-valley centered events, projects, public processes and other acitivities as approved or directed by the Board.
- To bring together local volunteers, resources, partnerships and potential donors in support of approved RVA projects.
- Assist the Board and its municipal partners to create increased public awareness, dialogue and support for the river valley trail system.
|City of Edmonton Citizen Members||
Term Expiry Date
|Kate Andres||May 01/17||Apr 30/19|
|Paul Bunner||Jun 01/14||Apr 30/18|
|Wendy Lickacz||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Christine McCourt-Reid||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Stephanie Morrison||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Sheila Thompson||Jun 01/12||Apr 30/18|
There are also two members from each of the following:
- City of Fort Saskatchewan
- Leduc County
- Parkland County
- Strathcona County
- Sturgeon County
- Town of Devon
Information About Serving on the Board
- River Valley Alliance Community Engagement Committee Recruitment Profile, 2018-20 Term
- Now accepting committee member applications for 4 vacancies for the 2018-20 Term
- To apply, visit Current Recruitment Campaigns
Committee meets the second Thursday of each month at 7:30am to 9am at various locations in the Capital Region.