The River Valley Alliance Advisory Committee is a Standing Committee of the Board of Directors for the River Valley Alliance (RVA).
The RVA was initiated in 1996 and formally incorporated in 2003. Its founding shareholders include the seven municipalities holding lands in the Capital Region's North Saskatchewan River Valley -- the Town of Devon, Parkland County, Leduc County, City of Edmonton, Strathcona County, Sturgeon County and the City of Fort Saskatchewan. The RVA partners share a common goal -- to protect, preserve and enhance the Capital Region's river valley park system for year-round accessibility, and enjoyment of its citizens and visitors.
The Advisory Committee is responsible to:
- Be RVA ambassadors to their respective communities and stakeholders, champion its plans and activities and represent the River Valley Alliance as directed by the Board
- Provide a volunteer resource to assist and support River Valley Alliance involvement and participation in local or regional events, projects, public processes and other activities as approved or directed by the Board
- Facilitate bringing local volunteers, resources and partnerships to bear in support of Board and Municipal approved projects and activities including community level fundraising where appropriate
- Assist the Board and its municipal members in generating increased awareness, dialog and support for the Capital Region River Valley Park
|City of Edmonton Citizen Members||
Term Expiry Date
|Kate Andres||May 01/17||Apr 30/19|
|Paul Bunner||Jun 01/14||Apr 30/18|
|Wendy Lickacz||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Christine McCourt-Reid||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Stephanie Morrison||May 01/16||Apr 30/18|
|Sheila Thompson||Jun 01/12||Apr 30/18|
There are also two members from each of the following:
- City of Fort Saskatchewan
- Leduc County
- Parkland County
- Strathcona County
- Sturgeon County
- Town of Devon
Information About Serving on the Board
Committee meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7:30am at various locations in the Capital Region.