Main page content begins here

A portable sign is referred to as a Temporary Sign when located on private property, and is regulated by the Edmonton Zoning Bylaw. For more information about Temporary Signs on private property visit our Temporary Signs webpage.

If you require a sign on City Road Right of Way,  visit the Road Right of Way Portable Signs webpage.

If you have a concern about a portable sign:

  • Call 311
  • Provide your contact information, the location of the problem, and the details of your concern in case your testimony is required in court

Municipal Inforcement Officers investigate all reported bylaw violations on private property.

Protecting your Privacy

The information you provide will be used to process your complaint, but your name and address will not be made available to anyone else. For more information on how the City protects your privacy visit Freedom of Information and Privacy.

For More Information

Edmonton Service Centre

2nd Floor, 10111 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB  T5J 0J4

Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
8am to 4:30pm


In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311


End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content