Main page content begins here

City Council approved the 2019-2022 Capital Budget on December 14, 2018. 

The 2019–2022 Capital Budget is comprised of $4.8 billion in total capital investment over the next four years, excluding any carryforward funding from 2018. $1.9 billion of this spending has been approved through previous Council decisions and the remaining $2.9 billion was approved by Council in December 2018. This budget also includes $1.0 billion of capital that will extend beyond the year 2023, to give an overall budget of $5.8 billion.

The 2019–2022 Capital Budget balances the infrastructure investment required to keep existing City assets in good repair while supporting ongoing growth needs. Approximately 41 per cent of 2019–2022 capital investment is earmarked for renewing roads, neighbourhoods, parks, City-owned buildings and transit vehicles, with the remaining 59 per cent to support planning and delivery of new infrastructure.

For More Information

Telephone

311

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content