Investment in the renewal and growth of library capital projects allowed the City to address a backlog of rehabilitation and renewal for library facilities and to build new libraries in growth areas of the City.
Libraries Capital Expenditures
|2009 Actual||2010 Actual||2011 Budget|
|$11.7 M||$11 M||$26.9 M|
New branch libraries in Clareview and The Meadows are under construction, and work has begun on Mill Woods Senior Centre and Multicultural Facility.
Key Projects Planned for 2012-14
- Mill Woods Library Branch Replacement to open in 2014.
- Meadows Library Branch to open in 2014.
- Clareview Library Branch relocation and expansion to open in 2013.
- Jasper Place Library Branch replacement to reopen in 2012.
- Highlands Library Branch replacement to reopen in 2013.
- Investment for new library materials, equipment, furniture and IT infrastructure.
- Renewal of Highlands Branch and land and design for Calder Branch.
- Library facility rehabilitation.