Under the governance of the Edmonton Police Commission, the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) helps provide a safe, vibrant city through innovative, responsive and progressive policing.
Edmonton Police Service Capital Expenditures
|$14.4 M||$14.1 M||$44.8 M|
Key Accomplishments 2009-2011
- The South West Division Police Station will allow EPS to provide better service to the southwest area, and meet the seven-minute response time for priority calls.
- Growth projects include planning for development of the EPS North West Campus, additions to the William Nixon Training Centre and a separate laboratory for faster forensic results and DNA analysis.
- The Edmonton Police Service purchased the Air 2 helicopter and is planning renewal investment to assess Air 1 helicopter to optimize trade-in value.
Key Projects Planned for 2012-14
Renewal ($32 million) and growth projects ($9.2 million) are recommended as part of investing in community safety.
- Replacements of police vehicles.
- Replacement of radio equipment at the end of its useful life and to ensure compatibility with the Alberta First Responder Radio Communication system being implemented by the Province.
- IT system upgrades and telecom and radio life cycle costs for the next three years.
- Completion of the Southwest Division Station.