Main page content begins here

As a City of Edmonton Contractor, you are responsible for reporting, controlling and cleaning up any release or spill that you cause.  The immediate reporting of environmental releases/spills is a requirement of provincial and federal environmental legislation.

Reporting to Regulatory Agencies

The appropriate regulatory agencies must be contacted when a release/spill has caused, is causing or may cause damage to the environment:

Alberta Environment & Sustainable Resource Development

Alberta Transportation

Reporting to the City of Edmonton

After reporting to regulatory agencies, you are also responsible for reporting all environmental releases/spills to the City of Edmonton for information purposes.   All environmental releases/spills must be reported to the City whether or not they have been reported elsewhere.

How do you report an environmental release/spill to the City?

Call (780) 496-6666

The 24-hour Roadway Maintenance Control Office (RMCO) will collect your information.

Note: Contractors working on behalf of the Waste Management Services should continue to report environmental releases/spills according to established procedures from this branch.

For More Information

Gwen Barr

Title Procurement Manager, Technology & Strategic Sourcing



End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content