Read below to learn more and apply online.
Plumbing Permit Requirements
- Backwater valves
- Backflow prevention devices
- Bathtubs (or jetted tubs)
- Water piping
- Grease traps
- Auto washers
- Laundry tubs
After the work is completed an inspection of the equipment is required.
All concealed equipment such as ducts and in-floor hydronics must be inspected and approved before being covered.
If the uninspected work is covered, the inspector may re-open the area for inspection.
Additional fees shall be assessed for every inspection requested where any of the following items are found to be deficient:
- No address on site, building, or suite as applicable.
- Inspector unable to access the building, having been called to inspect.
- Project not ready for inspection, when inspector has been called to do an inspection.
- Inspection called for where previously identified deficiency has not been corrected.
Obtaining a Permit
Booking an Inspection
A permit must be obtained prior to booking an inspection. If an inspection is required for the next day, you must contact our office by phone before noon of the previous day. To book an inspection contact our office.
The 2019 plumbing permit fees, effective January 1, 2019, are explained in the 2019 Building Permits and Safety Codes Fees.