This information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Your Personal Information will be used for the administration of City Operations programs, including On-Street Construction and Maintenance Permits (OSCAM). The information may be disclosed to Financial and Corporate Services, but is protected by the privacy provisions of the FOIP Act. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of this information, contact the General Supervisor of Parks and Roads – Network Operations at 780-496-3095.
Complete this form to request a permit for the placement of a waste bin, POD, or Sea-Can on the City road right of way. Please allow a minimum of 2 business days for review and processing. A copy of your approved permit will be provided back to the email address or fax number provided.
- With an approved permit, a commercial waste bin, POD or Sea-Can may be placed on city road right of way for a duration of up to thirty (30) calendar days.
- A servicing address for commercial waste bin, POD or Sea-Can must be provided.
- All bins shall be retro-reflective, or temporary traffic control placed to provide retro-reflectivity.
- The City reserves the right to revoke permission and request the removal of the waste bin within a specified time period. Waste bins not removed within the specified time periods may be removed by the City without further notice and at the expense of the bin owner or permit holder.
- All bins will be subject to the City of Edmonton Traffic Bylaw #5590 Section 66 regarding Highway Obstruction.