- Contact sign company with an active agreement with the City to take out the permit and place the sign
- Permit may be issued to approved organizations for a total of eight locations per calendar year and for durations not to exceed 14 days at each location, consecutive terms are not permitted
- A nonprofit may also take out an agreement and purchase a sign to place
- Permit may be issued to approved organizations for a total of eight locations per calendar year and for durations not to exceed 14 days at each location; consecutive terms are not permitted
Community Association - a non-governmental association of participating members of a community, such as a neighborhood, condominium, cooperative or group of homeowners or property owners in a delineated geographic area.
School - a structured learning environment through which an education program is offered to a student by way of the Alberta School Act.
Society - a society incorporated or continued under the Alberta Societies Act and not discontinued. This includes benevolent, philanthropic, charitable, provident, scientific, artistic, literary, social, educational, agricultural, sporting or other useful purpose, but not for the purpose of carrying on a trade or business.
Alberta Approved Farmers’ Markets - one that has been approved by Alberta Agriculture and Forestry and as such meets the requirements of the program guidelines that have been approved by the Minister.
Criteria For Sign Use
- Community Associations, Schools, Societies and Alberta Approved Farmers’ Markets as defined above
- All organizations must have active registration with the Government of Alberta, Corporation Registration System (CORES) or the organization must be listed with the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) as an active charity
- Please note that the name of the applicant must match the name registered with CORES or CRA