Industry Update - January
- 2015 Plumbing Code acceptance and enforcement
- Adapting and enforcing the 2015 National Plumbing Code of Canada on all permits effective February 1, 2017
Development Digest - Q1 (March)
Industry Update - eServices CCC/FAC Launch (March)
Development Services is excited to announce the formal rollout of electronic Construction Completion Certificates (CCC) and Final Acceptance Certificates (FAC) effective March 31, 2016.
Development Digest - Q2 (May)
- Environment and Risk Unit has been created and is joining the Planning Coordination Section of City Planning
- City Council approved 104 Avenue Rezoning
- Fire access plan requirements for Commercial/Industrial/Multi-Residential Development Permit Applications have been added to submission requirements to improve efficiency of the Major Development Permit Approval Process
- Approved development permit notice signs
- Q1 2016 Activity Overview
Industry Update - Customer Connection Guide Updates (May)
For all Electrical rooms located below grade, a 3⁄4” conduit (continuous with no fittings) must be run between the meter room and a 6” X 6” PVC box mounted to the closest exterior wall of the building. A 120 volt electrical outlet must be supplied next to this conduit in the meter room.
Industry Update - Permit Review Improvements: Semi-Detached Housing Applications (June)
The City of Edmonton is continuing improvements on Semi-Detached Housing applications to help streamline Development and Building Permit review processes. These upcoming changes will help with quicker turnaround times for permit decisions, allow for more efficient intake and submission processes and increase transparency.
Industry Update - Proposed Changes: New Landscaping and Construction Management Requirements (July)
At the upcoming June 27, 2016, Public Hearing, City Council will consider proposed changes to the Zoning Bylaw in regards to:
- tree and shrub planting requirements for all low-density residential development
- incentives to preserve mature trees, and
- mandatory submission of a Construction Site Management Acknowledgement Form
Development Digest - Q3 (August)
- Construction Site Management Acknowledgement Form
- North Decoteau Neighbourhood Structure Plan
- Footing and Foundation Partial Permit
Industry Update - Final Building Inspection (October)
Beginning on October 3, 2016, all required discipline specific progress inspections for single family dwellings (House Combo Permits) must be completed and acceptable prior to booking the Final Building Inspection.
Development Digest - Q4 (December)
- Final Edition of Development Digest: transitioning into Building Edmonton Newsletter
- New Energy Efficiency and Energy Code Implementation
- Worksite Code of Conduct: a sign to encourage respectful construction practices
- Partial Footing and Foundation: by allowing applicants to begin excavation and foundation work for multi-unit projects once the associated Development Permit has been issued
- Geo-Referencing Designs: EDTI is requesting that consultant’s digital power layout drawings be readily available in NAD83/ Alberta 3TM 114 Grid format for each submission during the review process