Under Drainage Bylaw 18093, all properties shall provide private drainage systems for stormwater runoff from roofs, parking areas, paved areas, courtyards, and side-yards. All surface drainage for commercial and multi-family properties must be controlled within the site.
Any property that has an approved Lot Grading Plan (Surface Drainage Plan) is required to submit a Lot Grading Certificate (As-Built Plan) to Development Services, Lot Grading for approval.
The following guidelines help to ensure that your lot and building meet the conditions for lot grading approvals:
- Lot Grading Plan (Surface Drainage Plan)
- Lot Grading Certificate (As-built Plan)
- Surface Elevations (Design Grades)
- Minimum Grade from Foundation Walls
- Drainage Swales
- Sump Pump Discharge
- Splash Pads
- Maintenance and Enforcement
The City's Drainage Bylaw provides complete information about lot grading requirements.