If your business is located in a business improvement area and was closed for a period of time in 2020 as a result of Covid-19, the City of Edmonton is offering a special one-time rebate that will act as a rebate for up to 3 months of 2021 business improvement area taxes. If approved, the rebate will appear as a credit on your business improvement area tax bill to be mailed in March 2021.
Applications for this program will be available until Sunday, February 28, 2021.
To be eligible for the 2021 BIA rebate program, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Must reside within an Edmonton Business Improvement Area and have received a 2020 BIA Tax Notice
- The business was required to close for a period of at least 2 weeks in 2020 due to Covid-19
- The business earned no revenue while it was closed
A business is not eligible for the rebate program if:
- The business has permanently closed
- There is a dispute about whether the business is abiding by the terms of another rebate, grant or assistance program provided by the City of Edmonton, or another level of government
- The business was closed for a period of less than 2 weeks