Shot Thoughts are ongoing themes that will be updated in the first week of each month until February 28, 2014. Please check back to view new Shot Thoughts!
All themes posted qualify for valid submissions for the duration of the contest.
- Escape to the pyramids - send us your best photos of either the plant life inside the Muttart Conservatory, or outside showing the iconic pyramids in Edmonton's landscape.
- We're a winter city; send us scenes or shots of you, your family or friends enjoying the outdoors in Edmonton this winter. This could include the action at a winter festival, the scenes at the local ski hill, or even a nice walk in the park - get creative. Please remember, any images including identifiable individuals must be accompanied by the appropriate completed waiver forms in order to be valid. See contest details.
- 'Tis the season for winter lights. Head out and capture houses or Edmonton landmarks decked out in seasonal lights and decorations.
- Capture an Edmonton sunrise or sunset. Head out at dawn or dusk and get some shots as the fall light rises or sets behind Edmonton's skyline or at any of your favourite spots in the City.
- Show us what's new at the Zoo. Head to the Edmonton Valley Zoo and get your best shot of some animals or the surrounding scenery.
- Capture Edmonton in the glory of fall. Send us your best shots of fall scenes and colours in Edmonton. Head out to Parks and River Valley trails or capture a fall street scene.
- Explore the John Janzen Nature Centre. Take some shots along the trails and in the recently renovated facility, regular admission applies.
- Edmonton is a Green City! Head out and get some shots of the scenery in Edmonton's parks.
- Take a shot of the view from a tee box or fairway at your favourite municipal golf course!
- Edmonton has over 40 off leash areas where your licensed dog can run and play without having you on the other end of the leash - get some shots while the dog days of summer last.