This year, due to the LRT construction taking place in Sir Winston Churchill Square, The Works Art and Design Festival is moving to a temporary location on the Alberta Legislature grounds.
Date: June 21 to July 3, 2018
New Temporary Location: Capital Plaza 9820 107 Street (by the Federal Building on the Alberta Legislature grounds)
Free to the public, The Works is an extravaganza of visual art, design and entertainment that attracts artists and patrons from around the globe. As North America's largest, free outdoor art and design festival, The Works has something for everyone!
- 50 exhibits at 30 venues throughout Edmonton's downtown and around the city
- Live performances on The Works Street Stage from noon - 9:30pm every day
- Over 300 special events including tours, receptions, and demonstrations
Plan your trip ahead of time, as a number of road closures and detours will be in effect from Monday June 18 to Friday July 6.
- Full closure of 99 Avenue, from 107 Street east to the Legislature Parkade entry. 107 Street will remain unaffected.
- Full closure of 108 Street, from 99 Avenue north to the Impark parking lot entry.
The festival can be accessed via LRT using Grandin or Corona Stations with pedway linkages to the site. A number of bus routes operate nearby, including on Jasper Avenue, and the Government Transit Centre on 107 Street.
Please note: From June 18 to July 5, the bus stops on 99 Avenue, between 107 Street and 108 Street will be detoured.
For route and schedule details, call BusLink at 780-496-1600 or check the online ETS Trip Planner.
Note: There are additional road closures and transit detours on Sunday July 1 (Canada Day). Please visit edmonton.ca/CanadaDay for further information.
Downtown parking is limited and there are additional restrictions throughout the festival. Please obey all signage, as tag and tow will be in effect. All festival-goers are encouraged to make use of transit, streetcar, and bike paths to access the site!
Bicycle parking is available at the corner of 107 Street and 99 Avenue, north of the Federal Building.