Open Streets invites you to play in the streets, as more than a kilometre of Downtown roads go car-free for a few hours this summer! Free activities include a bike parade, games and fitness classes. Meet your neighbours, enjoy the food trucks, live music and more at this family-friendly street party.
Date: Sunday August 25, 2019
Location: Downtown Edmonton
- Jasper Avenue, between 103 Street and 109 Street
- 108 Street, from 99 Avenue to Jasper Avenue
- 104 Street from Jasper Avenue to 102 Avenue
The following road closures will be in effect on Sunday August 25 from 6am–7pm.
- Full closure of Jasper Avenue, from 103 Street to 109 Street. Cross-traffic will be permitted at 106 Street and Jasper Avenue, with vehicles being held and released.
- Full closure of 108 Street, from 99 Avenue to Jasper Avenue.
- Full closure of 104 Street, from Jasper Avenue to 102 Avenue.
To detour around these road closures, use 97 Avenue, 104 Avenue, 101 Street, or 109 Street.
A number of bus routes will operate nearby, with active stops along 101 Street, 109 Street, and 104 Avenue. The event can also be accessed via LRT using the Enterprise Square or Corona Stations.
Routes 1, 2, 5, 100, 128 and 130 will be on detour from 5am–7pm on Sunday August 25.
For Edmonton Transit Service route and schedule details, call BusLink at 780-496-1600 or check the online ETS Trip Planner.
Take your bike and get there using the City’s new bike lanes. A bike lockups is available on-site.
High Level Street Car
Jump on the High Level Street Car for a bit of history on your way to the festival. Hop off at the final north stop and travel 2 blocks east (5 minute walk) to join the Open Streets route on 108 Street. Find stop, fare and schedule information on the Edmonton Radial Railway site.
Parking will not be available on the event site, with additional restrictions in place during the event. Please obey all signage, as tag and tow will be in effect.
For Event Information
For details about the festival, visit Open Streets Edmonton.