Get Ready to Celebrate at the K-Days Parade
Friday July 21 at 10am
Experience the excitement and pageantry of the 2017 K-Days Parade!
This year’s parade theme is Canada 150, which means it’s bigger and back on Jasper Avenue. On Friday July 21, the streets of downtown Edmonton will be teeming with parade entries, including beautiful floats, giant balloons, performers, animals, antique cars, free giveaways and more.
The parade route will start at 10am at 97 Street and Jasper Avenue and travel west to 108 Street. The Shriner’s Pre-Parade Spectacular will start at 9am. The route will be closed from 8:30am-1pm.
For a complete list of events, exhibits and entertainment, check the.
Travel Delays, Parking and Road Restrictions
Edmontonians who live and work in the Downtown area are reminded about parking restrictions and road closures on parade day. Parade goers are encouraged to plan ahead and Street parking will not be permitted in these impacted areas (see parade map), including:if possible.
- Assembly Area will be closed 6:30am-2pm, including:
- 96 Street, north of Jasper to south of 103A Avenue and north of 103A Avenue to south of 106 Avenue
- 101A Avenue, 96 Street to east of 97 Street
- 102 Avenue, west of 95 Street to east of 97 Street
- 103 Avenue, 96 Street to east of 97 Street
- 104 Avenue, west of 95 Street to 96 Street
- 105A Avenue, 96 Street to east of 97 Street
- Until 8:30am, access to off-street parking facilities will be available via these intersections only:
- Access to off-street parking facilities within the assembly area south of 103A Avenue will be available from the intersection of 102A Avenue and 95 Street
- Access to off-street parking facilities within the assembly area north of 103A Avenue will be available from the intersection of 106 Avenue and 96 Street only.
- Staging Area, on 97 Street, from Jasper Avenue to 102 Avenue, will be closed 8:30am-1pm
- Parade Route, starting at 97 Street and Jasper Avenue and travel west on Jasper Avenue to 108 Street, will be closed from 8:30am-1pm
- Dispersal Area will be closed 6:30am-2pm, including:
108 Street, north of Jasper Avenue to south of 104 Street
103 Avenue, west of 105 Street to east of 109 Street
102 Avenue, west of 105 Street to east of 109 Street
Until 8:30am, access to off-street parking facilities will be maintained via 106 Street and 107 Street
- Plan ahead for Parking Downtown.
- Access to the Edmonton Law Courts will be affected by the parade. Please plan ahead and adjust your travel time.
- Alternate Routes: 100 Avenue and 103A/104 Avenue and 95 Street and 109 Street will remain open all morning.
Extra ETS Bus Service and Detours
Getting to the Parade: Use LRT or Route 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 52, 70, 81, 100, 111, 112, 120, 134, 140, 151, 308 or 309. ETS provides additional service until 9am on Routes 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 16 and 140.
ETS routes in the Downtown area will detour for the parade starting early morning until the parade clears. Routes affected are 2, 3, 5, 14, 88, 100, 109, 120, 161, 162, 308, 309, 560. Check the for complete details.
is the quick and easy way to get to K-Days.