This year, due to the LRT construction taking place in Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton International Street Performers Festival is moving to a temporary home in Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Park, located in the heart of Old Strathcona.
Date: July 10 to 15, 2018
New Temporary Location: Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Park 8303 104 Street (between Gateway Blvd. and Calgary Trail)
Hours: 11:30am-11pm (except Sunday July 15, 11:30am-5pm)
Admission: By donation
With dozens of incredible acts from Canada and around the globe, there’s something for the young and the young at heart. Be there as the park is transformed into the ultimate playground with professional street acts, jugglers, magicians, circus performers, comedians, dancers and hula hoopers from around the world - now with more gazebo!
Plan your trip ahead of time, as a number of road closures and detours will be in effect from July 9 to 16:
- Full closure of 104 Street service lane, from 82 Avenue to 85 Avenue
- Full closure of 83 Avenue, from Calgary Trail to Gateway Boulevard
- Closure of the bike lane on 83 Avenue, from Calgary Trail to Gateway Boulevard
- Full closure of 84 Avenue, from Calgary Trail to the ATB Arts Barns Plaza
- Full closure of the alley between Calgary Trail and Gateway Boulevard, from 83 Avenue to 84 Avenue
- Full closure of 83 Avenue and 103 Street parking lot
- Single northbound lane closure on the west side of Gateway Boulevard, from 82 Avenue to 85 Avenue
From July 8 to 16, Route 52 will be on detour.
A number of bus stop closures will also be in effect during this time. Please looks for temporary bus signs at:
- 104 Street service lane northbound, at 82 Avenue
- 104 Street service lane northbound, at 81 Avenue
A DATS pick-up/ drop-off location will be located on the east side of Gateway Boulevard, between 82 Avenue and 83 Avenue.
For route and schedule details, call BusLink at 780-496-1600 or check the online ETS Trip Planner.
Parking is limited and there are additional parking restrictions throughout the festival. Please obey all signage, as tag and tow will be in effect. All festival-goers are encouraged to make use of transit, streetcar, and bike paths to access the festival site.
For More Information
For details about the festival, visit edmontonstreetfest.com.