The Edmonton International Street Performers Festival is celebrating its 35th year back in Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Park, located in the heart of Old Strathcona.
Date: July 5 to 14, 2019
Location: Dr. Wilbert McIntyre Park 8303 104 Street (between Gateway Blvd. and Calgary Trail)
Hours: 11:30am-11pm (except Sunday July 14, 11:30am-5pm)
Admission: By donation
With 10 days and dozens of incredible acts from Canada and around the globe, there’s something for the young and the young at heart. Be there as the park is transformed into the ultimate playground with professional street acts, jugglers, magicians, circus performers, comedians, dancers and hula hoopers from around the world!
Plan your trip ahead of time, as a number of road closures and detours will be in effect from July 4 to 15:
- Full closure of 104 Street service lane, from 82 Avenue to 85 Avenue
- Full closure of 83 Avenue, from Gateway Boulevard (103 Street) to Calgary Trail (104 Street)
- Closure of the bike lane on 83 Avenue, from Calgary Trail to Gateway Boulevard
- Full closure of 84 Avenue, from Calgary Trail to the ATB Arts Barns Plaza
- Full closure of the alley between Calgary Trail and Gateway Boulevard, from 83 Avenue to 84 Avenue
- Full closure of 83 Avenue and 103 Street parking lot
- Single northbound lane closure on the west side of Gateway Boulevard, from 82 Avenue to 85 Avenue
From July 4 to 16, Route 52 will be on detour.
The bus stop on the 104 Street service lane, between 84 and 85 Avenue, will be detoured with the alternate stop located on 103 Street, just north of 83 Avenue.
A number of bus stop closures will also be in effect during this time. Please looks for temporary bus signs at:
- 104 Street service lane northbound, at 82 Avenue
- 104 Street service lane northbound, at 81 Avenue
A DATS pick-up/ drop-off location will be located on the east side of Gateway Boulevard, between 82 Avenue and 83 Avenue.
For route and schedule details, call BusLink at 780-496-1600 or check the online ETS Trip Planner.
Cycling around Old Strathcona is a breeze using the City's new bike lanes. Bike lockups are available on Whyte Avenue and in the surrounding area, as well as next to the Strathcona Public Library.
Bike Lane Closure
Please note: From July 4-15 the bike lane on 83 Avenue, from Gateway Boulevard (103 Street) to Calgary Trail (104 Street) will be temporarily closed. Please obey all signage and dismount where required.
High Level Street Car
Take the High Level Street Car for a bit of history on your way over to the Street Performers Festival. Check out stop, fare and schedule information on the Edmonton Radial Railway website.
Parking in the area is limited and there are additional parking restrictions throughout the festival. Please obey all signage, as tag and tow will be in effect. All festival-goers are encouraged to make use of transit, street car, and bike paths to access the festival site.
For More Information
For details about the festival, visit edmontonstreetfest.com.