Main page content begins here

Frequently asked questions about booking a wedding ceremony and reception on open parkland or a gazebo.

Is there a maximum amount of guests I can invite?
  • All of our locations have a maximum capacity
    • Gazebos - Maximum 50 persons (including yourself)
    • Open Parkland - Maximum 49 persons (including yourself)
  • Open parkland is:
    • Not included in any reservation for a gazebo
    • Cannot be reserved for private functions
    • Open to the general public during your event
Do weather conditions affect my event?

All of our sites are located in outdoor settings, and are subject to the weather. 

Is parking available for me and my guests?

Parking is first come, first served, and in some locations meter parking or paid lot only. It is not guaranteed, reserved or included in your reservation. An option may be to rent an ETS bus/ shuttle to ferry your guests to and from the park. 

Can I set up chairs for guests or do they have to stand?
  • Reservations do not include any surrounding parkland.
  • No more than 10 chairs are permitted in the grass or walk areas at any of our picnic sites and gazebo's for those with reduced mobility, special needs and honoured guests.
  • Please notify the Reservations office prior to the event of any set up.
  • The Parks department is unable to assist in the set-up, tear down, or transportation of chairs, or aid in alterations at the wedding area.
How do I get the chairs and decorations to the venue?

The majority of sites do not permit vehicles on the parkland, so all chairs, structures and decorations will have to be carried in by hand from the parking lot. 

Can I have a rehearsal before my event?

Please reserve a second date if you require a rehearsal. 

Can I have my reception in the park?

Yes, but be aware that all parks close at 11pm. No liquor is permitted. 

Are there washroom facilities onsite for me and my guests?

The majority of our gazebos are located in parks without washrooms. 

Can I serve food and drink at my event?

Liquor is not permitted in public places including all City Parks. Catering and food services is permitted but requires additional approval and permits.

Am I allowed to use an aisle way/runner to walk down on?

Open parkland, and gazebos do not permit runners/walkways to be set up.

For More Information

Civic Events and Festivals Section


Before you call: please note that we can only assist you with events taking place on Roads, Plazas/Squares, or in River Valley Parks. Please visit Application Process: Neighbourhood Parks or Block Parties to book those type of events.

Fax 780-944-0042

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content