Main page content begins here

Can I have access to electricity in a park or public square?

It depends. Some parks and public squares have electrical panels on site, others do not.

Some electrical panels are available year-round, others are seasonal.

Please note that there may be a charge for accessing electrical panels.

How do I book parkland for an event?

As part of what's happening in Canada's Festival City, the Parks and River Valley are host to many events year-round:

  1. Visit our Event Application process section
  2. After you submit your application, the Civic Events Office will contact you and you will be assigned an Event Liaison to guide you through the process.

Please review the following links for information on City parks:

Can I have my wedding in a park?

Wedding may be held on City Parkland, but keep in mind that City parks are public spaces. And can not be closed to the public for private events.

Your event may be impacted by weather, other park events, or other people enjoying the park.

There is no reserved parking for wedding ceremonies.

See Wedding Guidelines and the Weddings section for more information.

Picnic Sites, gazebos, or the Borden Park Bandshell are options for a booked space to hold your event. There is a cost per hour for booking these sites, which varies with the facilities provided. Set-up of additional structures may be permitted on these sites. Guidelines for use of picnic sites apply to these sites.

I want to organize a rally/protest. What do I do?

Citizens you may hold a public rally.

Group activities and events attended by more than 50 people require a permit.

Such permits have been included under the Parkland Bylaw to allow City staff to manage resources and potential issues effectively and efficiently.

When City staff know that your group is coming to parkland, they will ensure the site can accommodate your event and plan ahead for special services like extra garbage pickup.

In addition, they will alert you to any conflicts with other groups coming to the same site and inform you if any other permits are required.

Please visit the Event Application process section to get started.

Can I have animals at my event?

Pets are not allowed in or around any picnic site, gazebo, bandshell, sport field or facility.

Pets are not allowed in any venue or public space where there is food being prepared and served.

How do I make a waste management plan?

If you are planning a large event, you may want to hire an external waste management company. They will help develop a waste management plan for your event.

Can I hold my event on the North Saskatchewan River?

Permits and permission to use the North Saskatchewan River are not provided by the Civic Events Office.

The river and river valley are used year round for recreation: canoeing, kayaking, jet skiing, jet boating, fishing, gold panning and more.

Please see the following links for further information:

For More Information

Civic Events Office

P.O. Box 2359
Edmonton AB  T5J 0K1



Fax 780-944-0042

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content