Main page content begins here

Can I serve or sell alcohol at my event? Can I serve or sell alcohol at my event in a park?

A Liquor Special Event Licence is a legal document which allows the holder to host a function with liquor service.

Visit the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission for licence details.

Can I serve or sell food or non-alcoholic beverages at my event?

Food service is recommended at all functions.

Non-alcoholic beverages must be available.

Festivals and Events that plan to have vendors on-site must receive the proper permits from the City of Edmonton, and ensure that vendors are adhering to Provincial and Municipal regulations with regards to food service.

To start the process, please contact the Street Vending Coordinator at

How will Alberta Health Services be involved, and what additional information will they need from me?

Any event wishing to serve or sell food must contact Alberta Health Services in order to receive the proper permissions.

Visit Alberta Health Services for Special Event - Temporary Food Establishment information.

Vendor Responsibilities

Complete and return the Temporary Food Establishment (Vendor) Notification to Alberta Health Services (AHS) at least fourteen (14) days prior to the proposed special event. In most circumstances the organizers will be collecting the completed form for submission to AHS.

If you do not have a commercial kitchen and are using an alternative kitchen, you must complete and return the Permission to Use an Approved Food Establishment form to AHS.

Ensure that your Temporary Food Establishment is set up and ready for inspection by a PHI /EHO no less than one (1) hour before the special event is scheduled to start.

Use only potable water (water that is safe for human consumption).

If you are a food preparation vehicle or cart with a holding tank you must have satisfactory bacteriological test results from a Provincial Laboratory submitted within the last thirty (30) days.

Can I have vendors at my event?

Probably yes, if you receive the proper permissions from the City of Edmonton and Alberta Health Services.

To start the process, please contact the Street Vending Coordinator at

For More Information

Civic Events Office

P.O. Box 2359
Edmonton AB  T5J 0K1



Fax 780-944-0042

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content