The Muttart Conservatory is now open!
The Muttart was closed for 18 months for a $13.3 million rehabilitation to replace aging facility systems. The remaining 5 months of the closure were in response to pandemic public health orders.
The rehabilitation work is complete and was finished on time and on budget. Read more about the renewal work.
Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at MoveLearnPlay. Members and Pass Holders may re-book tickets online or scan their pass in person.
Buy Tickets / Book Timed Entry
The Muttart Conservatory is a living museum and our four pyramids house plants from all around the world. Each pyramid offers unique environmental conditions from three different biomes: temperate, arid, and tropical, and a themed Feature pyramid that changes 5-7 times a year.
- Please stay on the designated paths through the pyramids and walk carefully as paths may be slippery; running and climbing will not be tolerated.
- Please do not touch the plants or take flowers, leaves, cuttings or fruits from the pyramids.
- The Muttart Conservatory is a multi-use space where people come to learn and relax. Please ensure that the space is used respectfully and keep voices lowered.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the pyramids.
- Only service animals with proper documentation are allowed inside the Muttart Conservatory; please leave your pets at home.
- Please do not throw coins into our fish ponds; if you would like to make a donation, please speak with our Front Counter staff.
- Bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, etc. are to be left outside.
We encourage our visitors to photograph the biodiversity that is found in our pyramids but please keep the following in mind:
- Tripods are allowed in the pyramids on weekdays but we restrict tripod use on weekends and holidays (subject to change) due to increased usage of the facility.
- All photo sessions and wedding ceremonies need to be booked in advance (e.g. family, engagement, wedding, graduation photo shoots). Please call 311, who will direct you to our Bookings team.