Main page content begins here

Catering Services

The John Walter Museum does not have an in-house catering company. You have the options of using an outside caterer or  having a potluck. Please confirm the arrangements with your booking agent 2 weeks prior to the event date.

Note: There are no refrigeration or cooking appliances available.


Potluck events are permitted, providing all potluck foods are prepared in commercial health-inspected facilities. A waiver form must be signed and returned to your facility representative.

Remember to bring all related equipment including:

  • Linens
  • Cutlery and dishes
  • Serving dishes
  • Coffee urns

Bar Services

You may, with a valid liquor licence, serve alcohol in the 1901 House. Remember to bring all related equipment including:

  • Ice
  • Tubs
  • Glasses
  • Bottle openers

Music Licensing


If you are planning a special event that includes live or recorded music of any kind, you are required to pay licence fee to SOCAN and Re-Sound. The Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN) and Re:Sound Music Licensing Company (Re:Sound) are collective societies. These collective societies can charge tariffs for the performance of music in public, according to section 19(2)(a) of the Copyright Act.

For More Information

Fill out our booking form to book events.

For private rentals, telephone 780-496-2601 or email




End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content