Main page content begins here

Vending and Concessions

The amphitheatre is not equipped with an onsite concession. Arrangements can be made for commercial and outside vendors to service your event.

Liquor Regulations and Licensing

Anyone wishing to provide alcoholic beverages at their event is required to obtain the following:
  • A liquor licence from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
  • A Special Event Licence – Public Resale Licence is required for any liquor service and consumption in the outdoor fenced area or when tickets for your event are sold from business locations like TicketMaster or through a ticket vending operation.

All fees associated with obtaining licences are the responsibility of the rental group. Coolers, tables, cash boxes, and/or tents are not provided.

There is a confined area on the left of the main public entrance suitable for liquor sale and consumption that accommodates up to 1,400 people. There is an additional charge of $50/person/hour* to set up this liquor service area.

*This fee is subject to change.

Amphitheatre Rentals Liquor Licence Rules

  • Liquor service may occur between the hours of 10am to 9:30pm with consumption to 10pm.
  • Hawrelak Park's gate closes at 11pm so all patrons must be out of the park by then.
  • Food service is required at all licensed functions.
  • Non-alcoholic beverages must be available.
  • The licence must be posted in a prominent location at the bar service area.
  • The licensee is responsible for the conduct of all those in attendance at the function.
  • The licensee is responsible for ensuring that guests are not served to the point of intoxication.
  • Responsible supervision must be provided at the ratio of 1 supervisor per every 50 guests in attendance, plus a supervisor for each entrance and exit to the licensed area. Supervisors cannot double as bartenders nor can they consume alcohol before or during duty.
  • No person under 18 years is to be served alcoholic beverages, or permitted to consume or handle alcoholic beverages.
  • Spirits must be served as an individual drink.

If you require general information about licensing please contact the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission at 780-447-8600.

For More Information

Heritage Amphitheatre




End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content