- The City of Edmonton will consolidate any or all bookings in the fall to one or two venues as needed.
- Snow removal from natural turf dields only by discretion of hte Sports Fields Team.
This maintenance strategy is implemented to prevent the number of fields that need lengthy repair time and the associated costs of the repair in the spring.
All “must play” games should be scheduled on the artificial turf surfaces at Johnny Bright Bowl, Clarke Park, Millwoods, Clareview and Foote Field.
- In the fall, if the ground has not frozen solid, the potential to cause irreparable damage during snow removal is much greater.
We will assess the field(s) to determine the best time to consider snow removal.
We acknowledge the fact that there will always be some potential safety concerns due to snow and ice.
This is why play is not recommended and we strongly encourage groups to schedule all fall games on the all weather surface at Johnny Bright Bowl, Clarke Park or Foote Field.
- All snow removal costs will be shared by all the groups that benefit from the removal at our Athletic Facilities
- Bleachers may be cleaned in the center section only (about 300 spectators). If the bleachers are cleaned the users benefiting from this snow cleaning will share in the cost to do this work.
- Note: Department snow removal equipment may be dedicated to other activities at this time. Private groups or individuals are not allowed to remove snow on sports fields.
- If damage to natural turf occurs as a result of user play, the user will be held accountable for all repair costs and may also have their Booking privileges revoked.
- Parks staff will revisit these guidelines as required.
* Subject to change.