- Make sure the air tank off
- Bleed line on paint tank
- Open the paint tank
- Put the funnel (with screen) on top paint tank
- Agitate mixed paint by stirring it for about 30 seconds
- Pour mixed paint from bucket into paint tank on marker. It is important to use funnel with screen whenever filling tank. This will prevent particles and debris from getting into the tank that could plug clogging the tank.
- Fill tank within 8 cm (3 inches) of top
- Secure lid on paint tank
- Turn on air cylinder (about a ¼ turn)
- Check for air leaks
- Pressure is preset to 40 PSI (275 KPa). Do not adjust regulator to a higher setting.
- Measure field and place markers at the 4 corners of the perimeter
- Start at one goal line and then other sideline
- Stretch string from peg to peg. Make sure that the string is taut so that there is little movement.
- Go about half way down the line, lift it straight up about 25-50cm (1-2 feet) and let go. It will snap back straight.
- Paint line with machine
- Always look about 5m ahead of the paint box
- If air is leaking from paint tank: shut off air, open lid, turn it around, reseal it, and recharge the system
- If paint won't come out:
- Shut off air, bleed the line of the paint tank
- Remove nozzle from spray box and rinse with water
- Make sure the funnel has a screen when filling the machine. Also, if the machine is sitting for a time, rinse off nozzle before starting.
- If the problem persists, it may be due to the paint not being stirred before putting it in the machine (paint settles after a short period of time, leaving the water on top and the thick paint on the bottom).
- Make sure machine is completely empty
- Fill paint container half full of water. Pressure up machine and spray water out until empty. This will clean out the line to the nozzle. Repeat if still dirty.