The City of Edmonton is now proud to offer Sportball in our Community and Recreation Facilities!
What is Sportball?
Sportball has been encouraging kids to “play with passion, play for fun” since 1995. It is one of the first programs of its kind to focus on building developmentally appropriate skills through non-competitive sports, games and activities.
With its Just the Game classes for 9-12 year olds, Sportballers are able to improve their skills while playing the game they love. Classes will include the following:
- FUN warm ups based on fitness and physical literacy.
- Sportballers will be taken through quality skills and drills to improve their confidence and sport mechanics.
- We will play specifically designed games that implement the skills we learn in class.
- Our water breaks are used to build social skills, develop friendships, and share experiences.
- Classes will always have a controlled scrimmage that is lead by our experienced coaches. Our leaders will use the scrimmage to teach game knowledge, positively reinforce good habits and make sure everyone is having fun.
- There will always be a strong focus on skill development, team play and most importantly on having fun. Our Sportballers will leave the class with the skills, confidence and excitement they need to lead an active lifestyle.
Try a Sample Session Today!
Not sure if a Sportball class is right for you? The City of Edmonton is offering numerous opportunities to sample a Sportball class. This class is treated as a Leader-Lead Drop-In Sportball class. Wristband required.
See the list of facilities and programs below and visit Sportball.ca to register!
2017 Spring Sessions
The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
2704 17 Street
|Location||East Gym 1 (1/4 gym)|
|Date||Saturdays, April 29 - June 24 (No classes May 20)|
Clareview Community Recreation Centre
3804 139 Avenue
|Location||Gym 2A (1/4 gym)|
|Date||Wednesdays, May 10 - June 28|
Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
2051 Leger Rd NW
|Location||Gym 3 East (1/4 gym)|
|Date||Thursdays, May 11 - June 29|
Kinsmen Sports Centre
9100 Walterdale Hill
|Date||Thursdays, May 11 - July 6 (No classes May 18)|
Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
11000 Stadium Road
|Location||Turf, northeast corner (1/4 turf)|
|Date||Saturdays, April 29 - June 24 (No classes May 13, May 20, and July 1)|
For more information about Sportball, visit Sportball.ca.