The City of Edmonton is proud to offer Sportball in our Community and Recreation Facilities!
What is Sportball?
Sportball has been encouraging kids to “play with passion, play for fun” since 1995. It is one of the first programs of its kind to focus on building developmentally appropriate skills through non-competitive sports, games and activities.
With its Just the Game classes for 9-12 year olds, Sportballers are able to improve their skills while playing the game they love. Classes will include the following:
- Fun warm ups based on fitness and physical literacy.
- Sportballers will be taken through quality skills and drills to improve their confidence and sport mechanics.
- We will play specifically designed games that implement the skills we learn in class.
- Our water breaks are used to build social skills, develop friendships, and share experiences.
- Classes will always have a controlled scrimmage that is lead by our experienced coaches. Our leaders will use the scrimmage to teach game knowledge, positively reinforce good habits and make sure everyone is having fun.
- There will always be a strong focus on skill development, team play and most importantly on having fun. Our Sportballers will leave the class with the skills, confidence and excitement they need to lead an active lifestyle.
See the list of facilities and programs and visit Sportball.ca to register!
2017 Fall Sessions
The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
|Location||East Gym 1|
|Date||Saturdays, Sept 16 - Nov 18 (No class Oct 7 and Nov 11)|
Clareview Community Recreation Centre
|Date||Wednesdays, Sept 20 - Nov 8|
Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
|Location||Gym 2 West|
|Date||Mondays, Sept 11 - Nov 6 (No classes Oct 9)|
Kinsmen Sports Centre
|Date||Thursdays, Sept 21 - Nov 9|
Commonwealth Community Recreation Centre
|Location||Turf, Northeast Corner|
|Date||Saturdays, Sept 16 - Nov 25 (No class Oct 7, Oct 14, and Nov 11)|
For more information about Sportball, visit Sportball.ca.