CoE Rec Centres Facebook: Back-to-School Contest
From September 12-22, 2017, we invite you to share with us your short stories (max of 300 words). Use one of the following starters as a cue if you like:
- I signed up at a City of Edmonton recreation/leisure centre on [month, year] because I wanted to……
- When this happened [life event], it encouraged me to sign up for a membership…..
- I wish I can visit City of Edmonton recreation/leisure centres more often, but...
- I enjoy doing this at City of Edmonton recreation/leisure centres…..
- I wish City of Edmonton recreation/leisure centres would start doing this….[for regular or special programming]
Instantly be entered to win by commenting on the Facebook contest post on https://www.facebook.com/edmonton.reccentres
Please do not post your personal information or your answers on the Facebook Fan page. Phone number and email address information will be used only for the purpose of contacting giveaway winners.
Contest runs from September 12-22, 2017 after its start is announced by post on the Edmonton Rec Centres Facebook Fan page. Up to 10 winners will be chosen from all entries.
10 winners x 10 Adult single passes and swag bags
There is no purchase required to enter the giveaway. The chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received. Giveaway is open to Edmonton Rec Centres Facebook Fans (open to existing and new Fans), who are Edmonton Capital Region residents and are 18 years of age or older. If a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian may accept the prize on their behalf. “Like” us at www.facebook.com/edmontonreccentres. Giveaway is not open to current City of Edmonton Citizen Services: Community and Recreation Facilities employees.
- Giveaway begins at the time the giveaway announcement post is made on Tuesday September 12, 2017 and closes on Friday September 22, 2017. Interested Facebook Fans can opt themselves in to enter the giveaway during this period.
- In order to receive their prize, each giveaway winner must correctly complete a mathematical skill-testing question, and sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the giveaway rules together with a consent for The City of Edmonton to use the winner’s name and likeness online and in print in any other media in connection with the giveaway and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- Giveaway winners are responsible for picking up the prizes during normal weekday business hours (Edmonton Tower; 10111-104 Avenue; 8:30am-4:30pm) within three (3) working days of giveaway winner successfully answering the skill-testing question. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure of the prize winner to successfully answer the skill-testing question within three (3) working days of notification of selection may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- City of Edmonton reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of similar value without notice.
- Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the giveaway judge, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this giveaway. By entering, participants release and hold harmless The City of Edmonton, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this giveaway or prize won, including any travel related thereto.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. All participants are providing information to City of Edmonton and not to Facebook.
This personal information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A. 2000, c. F-25 (FOIP) and will be used for City of Edmonton Recreation Centres purposes. It is protected in accordance with the privacy provisions of FOIP. If you have any questions about the collection, you may contact Christina Chu, Strategic Marketing Coordinator, at Christina.Chu@edmonton.ca.