To protect the privacy and property of customers and visitors, we have guidelines for the use of cameras, camera-equipped cell phones and PDAs, as well as other recording devices in City of Edmonton Recreation Facilities.
- Use of cell phones, PDAs, cameras, and other recording devices is restricted in City of Edmonton Facilities.
- The public are encouraged to ask a staff member for permission before taking any photos in a City of Edmonton Recreation Facility.
- Change Rooms/Washrooms: Please turn off and store cell phones/PDAs/cameras/recording devices when using the fitness change rooms or washrooms. Taking pictures within change rooms or washrooms is against the law.
- Fitness Centre: Cell phones/PDAs/cameras/recording devices are not allowed in the fitness centre. Taking photos in the fitness centre is prohibited. Please secure these devices in a locker prior to entering the fitness centre.
- Cash Counters: For security reasons and to protect the personal information of patrons, taking photos in the cash counter area is prohibited.
- Public Areas (Pool, Lobby, Arena, Gymnasium, Courts, Class Rooms, Party Room): Photos are permitted in these public areas with the permission of a staff member.
- The photographer must receive permission from individuals that will appear clearly recognizable in the foreground of the picture. If the photographed individuals are under 18 years, the photographer should receive permission from the parent or guardian.
- If patrons have any concerns or questions regarding these guidelines, they should talk to the Facility Supervisor.
- Patrons are encouraged to report any individuals using a cell phone/PDA/camera or other recording device in a suspicious manner to a staff member immediately.
Individuals who do not comply with these guidelines or are using these devices in a suspicious manner will be asked to leave and/or be banned from the facility or be charged by the Edmonton Police Service under the Canadian Criminal Code.