|Daily Park Hours||5am-10pm|
|Victoria Park Pavillion Daily Hours||9am-10pm|
|Victoria Park Oval*||Closed|
|Victoria Park IceWay||Closed|
*See Victoria Park Oval for ice closures.
Main page content begins here
Victoria Park was named in honor of Queen Victoria (1819-1901).
The majority of this park land was acquired by the City of Edmonton in 1912, at which time it was known as Hudson’s Bay Company Flats (Naming Edmonton). It was renamed to Victoria Park after local women’s groups petitioned City Hall to identify the park with a famous woman. The land was established as an urban river valley park that proved to be popular as a picnic destination and with local sports groups. A rifle range, horse stables, and Edmonton’s first cricket pitch were established.
Victoria Park Golf Course is located within the park. Trees were planted to separate the golf links from the reminder of the park. During winter months, the slopes above the park became a series of sleigh, toboggan, and ski runs. Now the North Saskatchewan River Valley and its adjoining ravines form the largest and most continuous stretch of urban parkland on the continent and Victoria Park was at the leading edge of making it so.
“Victoria Park is part of Edmonton's group of River Valley parks, which form the largest area of parkland in North America today.” - Real Estate Weekly, August 14, 2002
The Park named for Queen Victoria, It’s our Heritage - By Lawrence Herzog