The City clears snow in the following priority order:
- Major Facilities: arenas, pools, senior drop-in centres.
- River Valley Parks Paved Trails: during the winter when the snow has accumulation of more than 2.5cm of snow. Sweeping usually begins at 6:30am.
- In residential areas where there is no roadway maintenance plow routes, the City is responsible for removing the snow adjacent to parks, along the roadway or outside perimeter.
- Sidewalks within park areas that are there for specific park purposes are cleaned depending on the City programs offered there. If no programs are being offered, these are typically not cleared.
- Sidewalks that are on Public Utility Lots (PUL) rights of way or immediately adjacent to Municipal Reserves and Parkland are cleaned by Transportation operations if they are part of a connector to pedestrians out to major roadways and bus stops.
Community Leagues are responsible for the sidewalks and the parking lots that fall within their lease areas.