Ivor Dent Sports Park
Located at Ellerslie Road and 50 Street south of Anthony Henday Drive, the sports park is a first class tournament facility for soccer, rugby, cricket, and other field sports.
Sports Park History
Officially named in 2013, in recognition of Dr. Ivor Dent (1924-2009); Mayor 1968-1974; Alderman 1964-1968.
The 138 hectare parcel of land site was used as a shooting range during the 1978 Commonwealth Games, and for many years afterwards.
In November 2004 City Council directed that the parcel be designated as a Multi-Sport Tournament and Recreation Site.
Sports Park Operations
Four sport organizations have partnered with the City to develop and operate leased areas of the park;
Each partner organization has entered into a long term lease agreement with the City and is responsible for the cost of capital development, ongoing operations and maintenance of the land and buildings applicable to each leased premises.