What we've done
Functional Training Centre
The Kinsmen Sports Centre has developed a state-of-the-art Functional Training Centre (FTC). The FTC was completed in early fall of 2012. It is an open, flexible space that provides unique opportunities to train using five distinct venues:
FTC Weight Room
- Includes traditional weight training machines and Olympic lifting weights and platforms.
FTC TRX Area
- Includes TRX suspension training equipment to leverage gravity and bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. Developed by U.S. Navy Seals, this fitness form builds core stability, muscle strength, endurance and power.
FTC Cardio Area
- Includes state-of-the-art bikes, rowers, ellipticals, the Jacobs Ladder and treadmills, including the latest Woodway Curve Treadmill. Builds stamina and cardio strength.
Keltie Byrne Fitness Centre
- Includes a variety of state-of-the art equipment including exercise bikes with built in T.V and web access, ellipticals, rowers and weight machines.
Spin Studio (The Spin Garage)
- Interested in cycling through Spain, Italy, Hawaii or other beautiful landscapes? Experience instructor-led and individual virtual cycling experiences in the new Spin Studio.
Along with upgrades to the field house cardio area equipment, we have provided additional cardio exercise equipment along the north wall of the upper track. These areas, called 'fitness nooks', were completed in April 2013.