The City of Edmonton is committed to creating safe, healthy, vibrant spaces. In promoting shared, positive, fitness and recreation experiences we ask all participants to observe the principles of safety, respect and courtesy. Staff reserve the right, at their sole discretion to assess and evaluate adherance to guidelines.
- A proof of payment wristband is required and can be purchased at the front desk.
- Children under 8 years must be actively supervised by a responsible person aged 13+.
- All clothing must be:
- Clean and free of odors that may impact the experience of other users.
- Free of inappropriate/offensive graphics or language.
- Free of attachments such as buckles/velcro/snaps that might damage equipment.
- Appropriate to the fitness/recreation environment/amenity being used, and not be overly revealing (for example, midriff tee shirts/tank tops and sports bras designed for fitness use are permitted).
- Clean and dry fitness appropriate shoes which fully enclose the foot are required; bare feet, open toed shoes, sport sandals, socks are not permitted.
- To borrow equipment see member experience or customer service staff (front counter).
- Equipment cannot be removed from the facility and must be returned to the staff.
- Any grossly damaged equipment, other than normal wear, may result in the patron losing equipment borrowing privileges.
- Space is available on a first come, first serve basis. If patrons are waiting to play an activity staff can initiate a time limit on play to ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate.
- Organized play (games) is permitted provided it does not dominate the space and all users are welcome to participate.
- No team practices or group training.
- Permitted activities must follow the approved set-up unless otherwise approved by facility staff.
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities and abusive behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
- Do not bring bags, jackets and other personal items into the gymnasium as they can pose a safety hazard for other users; please use lockers provided.
- Sport specific bags (such as racquet bags) are permitted at staff discretion.
The following actions and items are not permitted:
- Taking photos or video without staff permission.
- Inappropriate use of equipment.
- Open or glass containers; drinks must be in a re-sealable bottle or container.
- Food and gum of any type.
- Hanging on the basketball rims or court sport nets.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy!