The Victoria Golf Course and Riverside Golf Course are opening to the public as of Monday May 11, 2020. Here are the answers to some of the questions that will be asked.
Victoria Golf Course and Riverside Golf Course will open for bookings and public access starting at 7am on May 11, 2020. We have adjusted our processes to ensure we are keeping the health and safety of our staff and golfers our first priority.
Due to the financial impacts of COVID-19, which have resulted in reduced service levels, Rundle Park Golf Course will remain closed this season.
Due to the financial impacts of COVID-19, which have reduced service levels across the city, Rundle Park Golf Course will need to remain closed for the duration of the summer season.
The Victoria Driving Range is currently closed. We are looking to open it with restrictions as per direction from the Government of Alberta after May 14 in the next phase of re-opening. The exact date will be announced once determined.
Yes. Cancellations will be granted and refunds issued.
Please note: Tee time reservations that are not cancelled within 24 hours will have a $10 administration fee charged per tee time.
All pro shops and clubhouses are currently closed. We are looking to re-open them with restrictions as per direction from the Government of Alberta on or after May 14 in the next phase of re-opening.
Not at this time. We will be looking at having food service available once the Government of Alberta confirms that restaurants can re-open after May 14 with some restrictions in the next phase of re-opening. Our water refill stations will also remain closed at this time and beverage carts will not be operating.
No, please do not bring your own food or beverages on site. Individual water bottles are allowed.
The only bathrooms accessible on each site are in the clubhouse, which will otherwise be closed. Portable washrooms on the golf course will be closed until further notice.
At this time we will not be allowing league play. We will contact the leagues individually with more information as it becomes available.
At this time we are postponing lessons and events at the facilities. We will update the website with more information as it becomes available.
At this time we are not accepting group or tournament bookings. Our priority is to be open and operational in a safe manner. We will advise the public when we are able to accommodate group bookings again.
- We will not provide tees, scorecards, and pencils unless requested. Ball washers, bunker rakes, and benches will not be available at this time.
- Cups will be set so balls will not enter the hole. A putt is to be considered sunk once it hits the modified cup. Please refrain from touching the flagstick, which is to remain in at all times.
- Groups will not be permitted to play through. Please keep pace at all times to ensure maximum enjoyment of those behind you.
- In the case of frost delays or inclement weather, golfers are to return to their vehicles as shelter will not be available in the clubhouse or pro shop areas.
- No cash sales will be permitted. All transactions must be done with debit or credit card.
- Please do not arrive at the golf course earlier than 15 minutes prior to your tee time. Avoid congregating in the parking lot (physical distancing).
Physical distancing is required at all times and will be strictly enforced (minimum of 2 metres). This includes no handshaking and no hugging. In order to maintain physical distancing, please consider continuous putting, 2 feet gimmes, and only 1 player on the tee box at a time. Failure to observe physical distancing risks closure of the facility. If you are in violation, you will be asked to leave and may be suspended from future play.
Power carts are single rider only unless you have proof of the same physical address. Please note that all power carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each use. Power carts may not be available at all times so be prepared to walk during your round.
If you become ill while at the course, please :
- Discontinue your round
- Leave the facility immediately
- Complete the online COVID-19 self-assessment
After returning to your vehicle, please call the golf course to explain that you became ill onsite and inform them of which facilities you used and objects you touched so a thorough sanitization can be completed.