To add a family member, log on to eReg and click the My Account/Login button. Click the Update Account Information button.
There are two ways you can retrieve your Login ID and Account PIN:
If you have previously provided your e-mail address to our system, go to the My Account/Login button, then click on Forgot My Login ID or Account PIN. Enter your email address and click submit. The system will immediately email you your Login ID and Account PIN.
Go to any recreation facility and we'll look up your Login ID and Account PIN. You must show identification.
There are three ways that you can update your contact information:
- Click the My Account/Login button and click Edit Account Details. You can update your main account contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Contact your nearest recreation centre.
- Or call 311 to talk to one of our agents.
eReg supports all current modern browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Opera.
Yes. Online security is top priority at the City of Edmonton. We protect your personal information with:
- Secured connection with 256-bit encryption. Our systems are kept up-to-date with the current security standard.
- Firewalls and strict internal access procedures to protect our systems from unauthorized access.
- No credit card information is stored in eReg.
To use other methods of payment, register in person, or by mail.
eReg allows you to register for courses offered by the Citizen Services Department. You can also make payments on outstanding balances for rentals, but you cannot transact new rental business. You can either pay for the basket of items only or pay the entire outstanding balance.
Note: eReg is only available for courses offered by Citizen Services. Purchases of memberships, group admission bookings, facility rentals and arena bookings must be completed in person or by contacting a Citizen Services representative.
No. The payment options for online registrations are Visa or MasterCard. If you want to use other methods of payment, register in person, or by mail.
If you tried to log in three (3) times unsuccessfully, call 311 to unlock your account.
If you stopped using eReg for a period of ten (10) minutes or longer, click refresh or reload on your browser and log back in.
If you registered for a course but you did not get Go to Checkout to complete the transaction, then stop using the system for ten (10) minutes or longer, click refresh/reload on your browser, and log back in. (Note: You may not be able to re-register for the original course if it indicates the spot has been reserved. Call 311. It may take up to four (4) hours to clear on its own.)
If none of the above solutions work, your account may have been frozen. Call 311.
If you have, for instance, booked ice rentals, you may have an outstanding balance on your account. You can pay for the entire balance, or you can pay for just the course registrations in your basket.
Registering With eReg
Click the Courses and Activities tab. There are three ways to search for a course or activity:
- By activity. Click on the desired activity. You can refine this search by selecting a location from the drop-down menu.
By course code. Course codes are listed in our program guides. Type the course code in the Course Code field and click Search .
Advanced course search by activity. Search options include: by facility, days of the week, date range and keywords.
After searching for your desired course, to register:
Click on the activity title to view all course offerings.
Click Add. Note: if the Add button is missing, the course is not available for online registration. In that case, register in person, by phone or mail.
Enter your Login ID and Account PIN and click Sign In .
Select the family member you wish to register from the -Select A Client- drop-down box.
Click Continue Shopping and Repeat steps 1, 2 and 4 to add more programs. (Optional)
Click Go to Checkout to make payment. Enter your credit card information, and click Complete Transaction .
Print your receipt if your transaction is successful.
Change your Account PIN regularly, especially after the first login. To change your Account PIN, log in, then click the My Account button. After that:
- Click Change Account Pin.
- Type your current Account PIN.
- Type a new Account PIN. (Must be numeric and 4-8 digits long.)
- Type new Account PIN again.
- Click Change.
When a course available for online registration is full, a WAITLIST button appears in the Basket column.
To be added to the wait-list:
- Click WAITLIST.
- Click Go to Checkout to confirm your request. You are not required to make any payments for being added to a wait-list.
When space becomes available, someone will contact you. At that time, payment is required.
To remove yourself from a wait-list: Log onto eReg or phone your recreation facility.
Note: You can combine wait-list requests with other course registrations in your basket. Payment is required for all course registrations in the basket, but not for courses on wait-list.
Internet Security FAQ
Encryption secures your information by scrambling it as it travels between your personal computer and other computers. In other words, it protects your information from being intercepted over the internet.256-bit encryption, used by the City, is the current encryption standard also used by major financial institutions around the world. When using eReg, you can trust that your personal information will remain confidential.
Authentication is crucial for secure online transactions involving your personal information. It allows you to verify the identity of the server receiving your personal information. Your browser can automatically check that a server's certificate and public ID are valid and have been issued by a Certificate Authority (CA), such as Entrust. If the site is secure, a pop-up will verify it.
Most browsers can automatically check whether a server's certificate and public ID are valid and have been issued by a Certificate Authority (CA), such as Entrust. In most browsers, a green padlock icon is used to indicate security of the site as well as your connection to the site.To view a list of trusted security certificates, click the padlock icon located near the URL. Most browsers will display information about the security certificate, the provider and the technology that it uses.
The City of Edmonton understands and respects your right to privacy. We keep your personal information and the business you do with us in strict confidence.At the city, your privacy means:
- Your information is NOT sold or distributed.
- You have control over how we obtain and use your information.
- You have access to the information we obtain about you.
- Protect your password
- Choose unique passwords that are easy to remember so you don't have to keep a written record. A combination of letters with mixed casing, symbols and numbers is the most secure.
- Choose a password that is difficult for others to guess. Don't choose birthdays, family names, telephone numbers.
- Ensure that AutoComplete or other memorized password functions or variations of AutoComplete are disabled so that your password is not remembered by your browser.
- Never disclose your password(s) to anyone.
- Use a Firewall
- Firewalls help prevent unauthorized access to or from your computer by filtering the information coming through the internet connection into your computer.
- They only allow in connections that are known and trusted.
- Use Anti-virus software
- Your computer can become infected with a virus through email attachments, downloads, and other means.
- It's a good idea to use up-to-date anti-virus software that is capable of scanning files and email messages for viruses.