The Downtown Community Arena was developed as part of the Rogers Place Project. The arena will be used by many groups and weekly ice time will be dedicated to programs for people living in the neighbourhoods around the facility.
- Open Public Skate
- Community League Skate
- Early Morning Fitness Skate
- Parents and Tots, Sticks and Pucks
- Older Adult Skate
- These programs are all offered free of charge
- Children who are under the age of 8 must be actively supervised by a responsible person over the age of 13
- Free skates and helmet rental available
- For adults 18 years and older.
- Full equipment is required including shoulder pads, helmets and a mask or visor.
- This program is not offered on a drop-in basis. All participants must be pre-registered to participate.
Please Note: Ice Rentals are currently being accepted until April 1, 2018.
The main entrance to the Downtown Community Arena is on the north side of the building. Access from 105 avenue.
You may still book any available ice in the community arena during major events and Oiler games at Rogers Place. Information about parking restrictions during special events/Oiler games is available at Rogers Place.
Public transportation is strongly encouraged, as there is no designated parking lot for the facility. There is direct access to the facility from the MacEwan LRT Station (Metro Line).
For more information on parking and getting downtown, see Getting Downtown.
- Ice surface: 200 x 85 feet (60.96 x 25.91 metres)
- Seating for 1000 spectators
- Safety netting protecting viewing area
- Summer ice capabilities
- 5 dressing rooms with showers
- Vending machines
- Room available for booking
- Accessible changeroom
- Accessible public washroom on both levels
- Accessible viewing area
See the Accessibility Rating System for more information.