Winter 2017 Project Update
Crews prepare to begin excavating the tunnel under the Quarters area
Valley Line construction preparation work is ramping up, in anticipation of major construction activities which will begin this spring. Here are some of the activities that are in progress or will begin before the 2017 construction season:
- Excavation work has begun on the Quarters 102 Avenue portal and tunnel
- Removal of the Cloverdale footbridge piers has begun
- Preliminary work for the removal of the Harbin Gate is expected to begin the week of February 27
- Foundation work is taking place at the 98 Avenue pedestrian overpass, Whitemud LRT bridge, Davies Station and guideway and Gerry Wright Operations and Maintenance Facility
- Noise walls are being installed along sections of 66 Street
TransEd Partners, has recently issued a 2016/2017, as well as a .
For detailed information on current and upcoming construction activities, please contact TransEd Partners or visit the TransEd website.
Local Métis Artist Commissioned for Tawatinâ Bridge Artwork
The Edmonton Arts Council has commissionedto create artwork for the pedestrian walkway on the Tawatinâ Bridge. The artwork will consist of more than 400 panels, each shaped and painted to refer to Indigenous aspects of the region.
Valley Line Quarterly Report
As part of an ongoing commitment to transparency and accountability, the City has released a Valley Line progress report for the fourth quarter of 2016. The report provides an overview of progress and performance of the Valley Line Project and a summary of work completed by TransEd Partners and the City.