Neighbourhood Pace Cars
About the Program
Cut speeding in your neighbourhood by driving a Pace Car.
They are “mobile speed bumps” that drive the speed limit to set the pace for traffic.
The Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues runs the program in partnership with the City's Office of Traffic Safety.
The program helps you deal with speeding in your neighbourhood through a lead-by-example approach that improves safety and promotes respect.
One car can make a difference by educating others about the importance of safe driving. Place a removable Pace Car sticker on your vehicle to show other drivers that you obey traffic laws to make your neighbourhood a safer and better place to live.
Take the pledge to:
- Obey the posted speed limit.
- Stop for pedestrians crossing the road.
- Show courtesy to cyclists and other road users.
- Avoid distractions by paying close attention to the road.
- Minimize car use by choosing active transportation, carpooling, and transit whenever possible.
- Display the removable Pace Car sticker on your vehicle.
- Encourage others to take the Pace Car pledge.
Contact your community league president or the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues. They will recommend the right program to address your speeding concern.
Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
Shahriyar Khan, Community Development Officer
For more information:
The Office of Traffic Safety
9304 – 41 Ave.
Edmonton, AB T6E 6G8